Iron Clad

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Gilly - Prayers Will Be Answered!

A recent visitor, Gilly, has made an important point that I thought it would be a shame to ignore. This post is for you Gilly:

I think it is very interesting, as you point out Gilly, that there are many people who misrepresent Christianity. It is almost as if the word "Christian" creates a painful ringing in our ears. "Christian" today might mean any of the following: the priest who raped you, the man in the subway who tells you you are going to hell, the church leader who sees you as a number and a checkbook, the person who is sleeping with your spouse, that guy at work who always complains and puts people down but never backs up his words with his own actions, etc.

Those who are doing their best to follow and live in Christ's example are really not represented well with the title "Christian" anymore. This is not to say the guys who are involved with this group are perfect, but we certainly don't pretend to be something that we are not, either. I personally (~mike speaking) have a lot lacking in my personal life: I don't give my wife the attention she deserves, I lie and swear at times, I am not at the place where God is my number one focus, every day... but God is real in my life.

Gilly, I can only ask those who are involved with commenting on this blog to pray for your situation. I believe, 100%, with all of my heart, that God is faithful to those who honestly seek him. He will bless you, if we pray. If you join us in prayer, I can tell you without the shadow of a doubt that he will deliver your relief - financially, emotionally, or in any way you are in need. He has created miracles in my life, and in the lives of others that I know and love.

Gilly, will you please let us know your specific prayer needs, and give us updates as God answers them?

5 Comments:

  • i think that this is a really powerfull entry..

    (i hope you dont mind me commenting on it)


    It means a lot f different things..
    People arent made bad, but its what they do that makes them bad by opinion, i guess.

    have an awesome night!
    God bless!
    ~mizrashae

    By Blogger Stephanie Jewell, at 7:58 AM  

  • Ooh, what did I miss? **goes to check older comments from previous posts**

    By Blogger Jason, at 9:17 AM  

  • Aha, now I am all caught up. Yes, I find myself hearing "horror" stories about hurt and misrepresentation of Christ originating from Christians. I will agree iwth ~mike that true cross-carrying followers of Christ are getting a bad name by others nowadays.

    Are we at a saturation point at which our country has been mostly christian for so long that the "goods" of the faith are taken for granted and only those that abuse the faith are even noticed anymore?

    By Blogger Jason, at 9:24 AM  

  • anyone is free to comment here mizrashae.

    I'm glad that this blessed you gilly, and I agree that someone will take care of the frauds - God.

    jason, it is a scarry thought.

    By Blogger Mick Ó Seasnáin, at 5:13 AM  

  • mike, i like the colorful fonts......Gilly, sorry to hear about your situation....I will agree wtih Mike though, God is the best at making retribution.

    By Blogger Bek, at 8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home